September marks the beginning of fall where crafters and artists start creating with the fall colors oranges, reds, yellows, greens, and browns. Our fall pre-cut shapes offer a varitey of pumpkins, fall leaves, and halloween themed glass designs. Our Pumpkin Patch plant stake tutorial is a simple way to fuse fun pumpkins with faces to decorate your favorite indoor or outdoor plants.
Let's Make It
Clean Precut Pumpkins
- Clean glass pumpkins with dish soap and water and them dry with a lint free cloth or paper towel.
Create Pumpkin Faces
- Configure pumpkin faces using the sample faces as a guide or create your own combination.
- Place a small amount of room temperature water in a shallow dish. Working with one face at a time, place decal face parts in the water and soak for 30 to 45 seconds or until the decal easily slides off the paper backing. Note: If the decal soaks for too long it will separate from the backing and may not properly adhere to the glass.
- Slowly slide the decal off the paper backing and onto the surface of the precut pumpkin and arrange the face as desired. Gently rub each decal with your finger tip to massage out any air pockets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Allow the decal to dry 24 hours before firing. Firing a wet decal can cause steam, lifting the decal off the glass resulting in a partial decal transfer or it can distort the decal design.
Tack Fuse Pumpkin Faces
- Line kiln shelf with thin fire shelf paper.
- Arrange each pumpkin on the fire paper at least 3/8" apart. The fire paper should extend out about 1/2" around the pumpkins.
- Fire to a tack fuse. See schedule below.
Tack Fuse Fuse Firing Schedule
Glue Pumpkins to Plant Stakes
- Clean the glue pad of the plant stake with alcohol or dish soap. Dry thoroughly.
- Use clear RTV silicone adhesive to glue each pumpkin to a plant stake.
- Let dry 24 - 48 hours before using. Enjoy!
Precut Glass Shapes
- 96-382 - Large Orange Oblong Pumpkin (1)
- 96-383 - Large Orange Round Pumpkin (1)
- 96-692 - Large Clear/White Oblong Pumpkin (1)
- 96-693 - Large Clear/White Round Pumpkin (1)
- 90-382 - Large Orange Oblong Pumpkin (1)
- 90-383 - Large Orange Round Pumpkin (1)
- 90-692 - Large Ivory Oblong Pumpkin (1)
- 90-693 - Large Ivory Round Pumpkin (1)
Create a Face Decal Sample Face Configurations
Due to the many varieties and sizes of glass kilns on the market, it is important to know that each of them will fire a little differently. Each and every project you create requires a different firing schedule so it is important to experiment with your kiln and take good notes on the firing schedules that give you the results you like.
Each product that we offer in the Supplies list will have a link to make it easier for you to gather the supplies you need. We suggest using clear RTV silicone adheasives to glue glass to our plant stakes. This adhesive can be found in most hardware stores.